Hi, I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. Our January newsletter is now available.
If you’d like a copy direct into your inbox, please feel free subscribe to our mailing list using the form on the left side bar (or at below the comments box if viewing on a mobile device or a small window). This ensures you have a copy before we publish it on line!
Route Master 467; an ex London bus which will running a service between Macclesfield Railway Station and Tytherington School on the 10th and 11th of March during our 2018 Model Railway Exhibition. In this months issue you will find:
- RM 467 and our Exhibition this year
- The Route Master Story Pt1: A history of the Route Master, probably one of the longest serving busses in the world (RM 467 was in service from 1960 until 2004).
- RM 467’s CV; a closer look at the service history of “our bus”
Other articles include:
- Heads Up! It’s on Its Way; Some information on the Exhibition.
- Double Header at Uppermill; Ken shares one of his photos of Uppermill in Saddleworth.
- A Personal View of Modelling; Surfs up! Some special modelling.
- The Brockenbahn; Dominics’ adventures in Germany early last year.
- Penny Project: Buying Secondhand; Mikes guide to buying secondhand.
- Pounds or Dollars for a Bargain; Mikes interest in American narrow gauge has him investigating buying direct from the states.